So, what is speed dating?
Speed dating is a great way to meet many people in one night, with no commitment and no pressure.
With speed dating, you get to enjoy about 7 minutes with each person who attends – and we do the rest for you.
The opening reception lasts 30 minutes, during which you will be able to meet the other daters at the event, to give you a heads up on who you can look forward to meeting later on.
For the next hour, you will have the opportunity to spend around 7 minutes with each date. Suggested question sheets can be provided in case your conversations dips and dating score sheets will also be provided for you to fill in, to help you remember your thoughts on each date e.g. ‘interesting person, would like to know more’, or ‘so much in common, would like to see them again’.
There will be a 15 minute break half way through the dating section of the evening.
After the dating section of the night is over, you will have more time to speak to everyone, or someone in particular…
You will hand in a card with the names of the people you would like to meet up with again, and if they felt the same way as you, and put your name down, then it’s a match! WEdate will be in touch with both of you after the event to swap an approved e-mail address. It’s as easy as that!
Why do it:
- Fun night out in Brussels
- May meet your match
- Something different
- Lots of people at one time for busy people
- No commitment
- You enjoy the evening and we do everything to put you together
- No pressure if you don’t like someone
- No strings attached
- Non-threatening environment
- Remain anonymous if you want
- Cuts down the trial and error process
- No embarrassment if you like someone and they don’t like you. They will never know you picked them
Here are some general tips to ensure you are a safe speed dater:
- Only use first names
- Do not give out any personal information
- Try to register with an e-mail address that does not contain your name
- If you feel uncomfortable at any point, inform an event host
- If you have a match, organise your first date in a public place, make sure your friends know where you are
- Don’t drink too much alcohol
- Bring a single friend if it makes you feel more comfortable but make sure you speak to the other people at the receptions
- For upcoming speed dating events in Brussels, please visit our Events page